Thursday, January 28, 2016

Sunny CA!

Last week, James and I had the opportunity to travel out to California for a conference he attended.  When your hubby has business in sunny CA...you make sure you get to come along!  Neither of us have spent a lot of time out there so it was fun to be a tourist and enjoy being on the coast!!  I was on celebrity watch the whole time, I just knew we would run into a famous movie star, singer, night show host...SOMEONE!  Like if anyone was wearing a ball cap with big sunglasses, I just knew we were seeing someone famous...James thought I was just crazy and he kept reminding me that even "normal people" wear caps and sunglasses, whatever!
We didn't see anyone, only their names on the walk of stars!  Ha!  Pretty typical of the luck I have.  Anyway, we had a blast together and it's always fun to travel to a new place!


We arrived at our hotel Thursday night and found this view out from our balcony, hello LA!!
By the way, right below us in those big building are the stages for Paramount Studios.  So.cool.
Then it was off to dinner and to explore the city at night.
This is Rodeo Drive at night, so pretty all lit up!
LOTS of fun shopping!!
Here we are up and at 'em Saturday morning ready to take on LA!
There are no pics of Friday...James was in a meeting all day and I was in the spa! ;)

The Chinese Theater
In front of the theater are dozens of cement blocks with hand prints, foot prints and autographs of celebs.
This is where the Oscar's are held and where they film American Idol among many other things!  

In just a few weeks these stairs will be lined with red carpet and stunning celebrities!! So fun to see it up close and personal!

There ya go, the famous sign!



I took this for my kids...this is Walt Disney's star! ;)

We cruised around Beverly Hills and took in the sights.
A neighborhood in BH, we couldn't get over the palm trees lining the streets!
My favorite part of the day was driving down Highway 1 and going through Santa Monica and into Malibu!  Absolutely gorgeous!!

Hello Santa Monica!
Malibu!
I didn't get pics, but further down the beach there were surfers everywhere, just a different life than the one we have here in Texas!  
Until next time California!!  

1 comment:

  1. LA is one of my faves! And I've NEVER seen anyone famous either! I feel your pain

    ReplyDelete