My prayer for Sydney is that she can find a husband that is just like her daddy. Sydney loves her daddy more than words can describe, you can see it in her eyes when he walks through the door everyday. James has a big job in front of him…showing this girl how a Godly man does life, treats the people in his life and most importantly, walks with God. James sets such wonderful examples of these qualities and for that, I am so thankful.
Sydney, you made me a "girl mom" and I am humbled that God chose me as your mother. You were prayed for for so long. After two miscarriages and a year and a half of waiting for a baby, YOU are it. You are the one God wanted us to have and that is special! Mommy, Daddy and Parker love you so much, more than you know! We can't wait to see what this next year has in store for you! We love you!
So…to celebrate this momentous occasion, this girl had THREE parties! I went all out with the pink and we had SO much fun! We are so blessed with great friends and family that wanted to celebrate along with us!
And now for picture overload…
Sydney's "baby" friends came to a picnic party for her
Me with the guest of honor!
Blair had so much fun pushing Sydney.
Everyone enjoying the warm sun and good food.
The Austin family party at our house!
We had all of James's family to our house for dinner and cupcakes the weekend before her birthday.
My mom made that chalkboard poster with all her first year stats and favorites on it. A keepsake for sure!
Eating dinner early because when you're the birthday girl, you can eat whenever you want!
Not so sure about everyone singing to her.
She loved it!
Katherine and Adelynn and Parker the photo bomb in the back! ;)
On her actual birthday at Neesie and Grandad's house in Dallas
Sydney sitting in my rocking chair I had as a little girl.
Her lively audience! ;)
The hat never lasted long!
Our big one year old!
Sydney with her great-grandparents!
Saying goodnight to Dede…the party was over for this sweet one, it was a big day!
At one year old you…
* still have just two teeth
* pull up on everything and try to let go and balance
* still eat anything and everything I put in front of you, not picky at all
* drink whole milk from a sippy cup…I have officially weaned you! I made it a year nursing you!!
* squeal SO loud when you don't like what Parker is doing to you or for you
* want more and more independence
* are still the best snuggler
* take a two to three hour nap in the afternoons (praise the Lord)
* sleep all night most nights
* smile all the time
* follow Parker around everywhere
* want to look out the window to see what's outside
* notice things and point at them now
* love seeing and hearing birds chirp (you couldn't hear them before ear tube surgery on April 8th)
* do not do long car trips well
* are so much FUN!! We love to laugh with you!
Many more happy birthdays baby girl!!